Monday, October 25, 2010

OKTOBERFEST!!

Friday, October 22

Each Friday to Sunday from the last week of September to October is Oktoberfest! It's celebrated in various areas since, we're nowhere near Germany. I went to the Alpine Village location in Torrance this night and had a great time. It was with Fornia and her friends when they were in the study abroad program in Germany. We got there early around 6 to avoid the long lines later and stayed until 12ish. I took some photos of the night, but it only encompassed the first few hours when I was capable to take clear pictures.

smaller cups for fun all around

dinner: $10:50, sausage, potatoes, sauerkraut, bread. According to the "Germans," they've had better but it wasn't bad. Loved the sauerkraut. I've never had it warm before.

Hard Plastic Stein $8. Dark Spatin Beer: $11.

These guys periodically danced on the tables while playing while everyone else stuffed dollars into their pants.

the stage

just fun all around with everyone all around.

ladies up on stage doing the chicken dance w/ the Emcee. That guy has a horrible yet entertaining german accent.

Throughout the night, I consumed about 3 steins(3Liters) of beer. I went to the port-o-potties and when I came back someone stole my stein. I may have overreacted and scared the people around me. I apologize... But I did "find" a better one and have that as memorabilia of the night.

Before I knew it, the night was over and I was being hauled away to get home. Thanks for taking care of me. Thanks and thanks again...

No comments:

Post a Comment